The LE-450 is the most powerful small wind turbine with a 1m rotor, able to provide meaningful power levels at everyday wind speeds of 5-8m/s (11-18mph), yet is tough and robust enough to withstand strong winds.
The LE-450 is a quiet, powerful and lightweight 450W wind turbine for battery charging & grid connected applications. Fully optimized for marine conditions, the LE-450 is ideal for supplementing the power supply on-board a sailboat or yacht and provide energy when solar PV panels are unable to operate effectively – during Winter or overnight.
Manufactured in the UK, the LE-450 wind turbine is extremely easy to integrate with solar panels to create small scale off-grid renewable energy systems for powering security, telecommunications, lighting, signage and telemetry applications.
Available in 12V, 24V and 48V for battery charging applications. Please note the LE-450 is not suitable for locations where the winds regularly gust to over 18m/s (40mph).
- Excellent value wind charger – Delivers the highest output for the lowest cost
- Powerful – The LE-450 wind turbine outputs 105W at wind speeds of 8m/s (18mph)
- Lightweight turbine head – Reducing the loading on the support structure and making it easier to install on high masts in difficult locations
- Whispower blades – Low acoustic emissions from the advanced aerofoil blade design
- Fully marinised – Aluminum alloy and stainless steel components are protected from the elements with aerospace grade coatings and anodizing
- Easy installation – All is explained in the excellent user manual with detailed written explanations and diagrams
- Durable and reliable – The LE-450 builds on the company’s heritage of designing robust and reliable wind turbines
- 2 Year warranty – Backed up with excellent customer service from Leading Edge Turbines in the UK or a local dealer
Powerful in every day winds
The LE-450 generates the same power output as other small wind turbines with blades up to 1.2m long, making it the most powerful wind turbine for its size. The turbine is designed around a unique low inertia axial flux generator which uses Neodymium rare earth magnetic materials. This alternator has zero ‘cogging’ allowing the turbine to spin in the lightest of breezes and to react quickly to gusts.
Its excellent power production stems from an exceptionally low start-up wind speed and superior transfer of power from the wind in everyday winds of 5-8m/s (11-18mph). This is achieved using 5 blades and by fine tuning the alternator to extract the right amount of torque, at the right RPM.
Small & lightweight
The LE-450 wind turbine has a uniquely designed aluminum alloy chassis that not only gives an overall turbine weight of just 8kg, but ensures responsive reaction to gusty winds. The turbine’s small operating envelope at just 1043mm enables the turbine to be installed in locations where space is at a premium – on yachts, telecoms towers and CCTV stations. The wind generator is fitted with integrated yaw slip-rings that allow it to swivel 360 degrees in order to follow the changing direction of the wind.
Rugged & reliable
The LE-450 is precision engineered in the UK with only two moving parts so little maintenance is required during the turbine’s long operating life. The LE-450 wind turbine is manufactured from high quality aluminum alloys and stainless steel which has been laser processed, CNC machined, hard anodized and powder coated to ensure that the turbine withstands the harsh effects of the marine environments.
The fixings are manufactured from A4 stainless steel that can survive the harsh salt environment. The Timkin bearings are contain low temperature grease for optimum performance down to -40°C.