The LE-300 wind turbine, a compact and quiet horizontal axis turbine, is considered to be the most rugged & reliable small wind turbine in its class. All at an affordable price!
There are two versions to choose from: the LE-300 for off-grid home and industrial applications on land; and the LE-300 Marine, fully optimized for marine conditions.
Manufactured in the UK, the LE-300 wind turbine’s excellent power production stems from an exceptionally low start-up wind speed and superb high wind speed output. The LE-300 wind turbine is extremely easy to integrate with solar panels to create off-grid power systems that require modest amounts of energy.
Available in 12V, 24V and 48V for battery charging applications.
Key features of the LE-300
- Durable and reliable – Originally designed for industrial applications, withstands storm force winds up to 27m/s, 60mph
- Powerful – The LE-300 wind turbine delivers 85W at wind speeds of 8m/s (18mph)
- Lightweight turbine head – Reducing the loading on the support structure and making it easier to install in difficult locations
- Whispower blades – Low acoustic emissions from the advanced aerofoil blade design developed specifically for the LE-300 wind generator
- Rugged – Aluminum alloy and stainless steel components are protected from the elements with aerospace grade coatings and anodizing
- Easy installation – Fit the blades & nose cone and make the electrical connections. All explained in an excellent user manual with detailed written explanations and diagrams
- 5 Year warranty – Backed up with excellent customer service from Leading Edge Turbines in the UK
Efficient design from Years of experience in the Field
The LE-300 wind turbine is designed around a unique low inertia axial flux generator which utilities Neodymium rare earth magnetic materials. This alternator has zero ‘cogging’, which, together with its highly efficient and low ‘TSR’ WhispowerTM blades, allow the turbine to spin in the lightest of breezes and to react quickly to gusts.
Small & lightweight
The LE-300 wind turbine has a uniquely designed aluminum alloy chassis that not only gives an overall turbine weight of just 6kg, but ensures responsive reaction to gusty winds. This reduces the overall size and weight of the turbine and keeps the space envelope small enabling the turbine to be installed on yachts with ease. The wind generator is fitted with integrated yaw slip-rings that allow the turbine to swivel 360 degrees continuously in order to follow the changing direction of the wind.
Rugged & reliable
The LE-300 wind turbine has a heritage that is based around reliability and durability. The LE-300 is precision engineered in the UK with only two moving parts so little maintenance is required during the turbine’s long operating life. The LE-300 survives high winds by means of a simple passive aerodynamic design that limits turbine RPM and power output at a certain threshold.
The LE-300 wind turbine is manufactured from high quality aluminum alloys and stainless steel which has been laser processed, CNC machined, hard anodized and powder coated to ensure that the turbine will withstand the harsh effects of the extreme environments. The various fixings are manufactured from A4 stainless steel that can survive the harshest of environments. The bearings are sealed for life and fully lubricated, so no greasing or maintenance is required.
5 year warranty
For the LE-300, during the first two years of the warranty period any component found to be defective in material or workmanship will, at the discretion of LET, be replaced or repaired at no charge. For the remaining three years of the warranty period, LET will supply ‘non-wearing’ parts at no cost. However, LET reserves the right to charge for any fitting of parts supplied during this three year period.